The Rise of Unified Remote Work
Stephane Metral's idea to deploy an affordable online solution and create a global digital ecosystem was an evolving idea he had as a result of frustration working on siloed platforms with a lack of internal communication in the teams.
Imagine the ability to replicate instances, which is a digital version of your business for different business models and/or customize them to a specific industry and have Artificial Intelligence propel and support your organization. This would mean harmonizing processes and people.
Imagine the ability to collaborate and coordinate effectively in a platform to accomplish every activity, goal, task and objective.
Collaboration meaning a working practice whereby individuals work together for a common purpose to achieve business benefit.
Coordinating meaning the function of management which ensures that different departments and groups work in sync. Therefore, there is unity of action among the employees, groups, and departments.
Stephane led many conversations with talented individuals looking for the pain points and challenges the industry was having and together compiled a wide array of solutions that ultimately led to a 100% open API collaborative platform. The more you think, the more you can add.
Factors that came into consideration were:
1) Humans are not really that great at collaborating and coordinating for a wide array of reasons. It's really not their fault he says... No one teaches us at school how to be creative, or develop social skills, you just learn what you’re told: usually its ABC, conjugate words, add, multiply, subtract and divide.
Best case scenario try dissertation for a mind of your own as long as it stays in the line of the culture you are educated in.
Best case scenario, you’re socially gifted, but micro-management will limit you until you want to work somewhere else.
2) Once trained and skilled, one just doesn’t have access at the early stages to systems and channels of communication that are not siloed. The vast majority of vendors are just in licensing business models, they push and sell your management with solutions that are legacy systems and cannot simply evolve with the needs of the industry you are involved with.
3) Getting all the tools you need to accomplish the appropriate work-flow for your business processes is simply: costly. A company spends on an average $2700 US per employee with 5 different cloud based solutions. Single Sign-on is at its early stage for security reason but doesn’t solve the data and process silo issues.
4) Too much time on data entry for management’s analytic purpose (30 minutes on a 60 minutes sales call)
5) Automation is done in a fragmented manner , they are too costly because vendors intend to make more money on your back as a passive income. When you need to market and scale your business for more potential they just put you through pay more with no results. There is no flat rate for a function.
6) Business process solutions are incomplete in terms of product life-cycle, and they are not interacting with each other.
- The pandemic lock-downs closed the majority of downtown offices, forcing the workforce to work from home. IT departments started to struggle with that new situation to deliver legacy systems outside a LAN environment.
- Rarefaction of revenues, the economy slowdown led to cut-off budgets, lay-offs, prospects and client pools shrinking.
- Explosion of remote work globally led to a higher reach of cloud-based solutions with an appetite for saving costs at scale.
- New culture of remote team management adoption need effective solutions that can be deployed in minutes and not days or weeks.
- Deals and opportunity centric approach, instead of market segments and massive campaigns based on discount and supply chain availability.
- Mobility, offering the same unified digital workplace environment for both clients and providers
An in-depth knowledge of PLM (Product Lifestyle Management) and Data Science set him on a mission with a. big part of this being incorporating Artificial Intelligence into everyone's mind.
Artificial Intelligence is the ability of computers to perform tasks that usually people perform. For example, the ability to make decisions, the ability to communicate with users, etc.
Artificial Intelligence software is a software that uses AI technology and special algorithms to automate different tasks.
Understanding this is the reason Stephane is passionate about helping the business world transition, he says, "sometimes AI has been given a bad rap in the movie industry, but it's not truth."
Companies already save time and effort by automating their business processes and enable their employees to work more productively.
With a variety of AI software tools being used they could make their business process much simpler and more effective.
For example, software that recommends products to users in an e-commerce shop, chat bots, software that automates content marketing creating, tools that predict sales, etc.
There is no doubt that AI is a technology that will transform every business, every company, in every industry.
The global artificial intelligence market size is expected to reach $169. billion in 2025.
Every future-oriented business needs an AI understanding and an AI strategy as it will help you achieve your business goals.
Stephane has been in awe working with data science for over 30 years, starting with good old fashioned pen, paper and calculator which then turned to computer and spreadsheets.
The fast paced evolution of technology gave him an understanding of what Artificial Intelligence is really capable of. The change of belief and perception occurs when you think you are, you are what you think. Then ultimately you build a set of tools to achieve your idea into reality, a tangible outcome.
Stephane is a true visionary and leader, he prides himself on the fact that everything in Unified Remote Work is replicable, teachable and doable from startup to corporate no matter what stage your business is at.
In 2021 Stephane Metral and Margaret-Ann Davis joined forces, setting an example of collaboration and team building.
Margaret-Ann has always been interested in growth through team building, technology, communication and thinking outside of the box. Her work in the hospitality industry and as owner of a professional business network gave her insight into what it really takes to build real relationships. she constantly searches for ways for people to really do things together effectively in a safe space where they can build on Know, Like and Trust and catapult their efforts collectively. We are not meant to do it alone, together we create endless opportunity with open communication.
Learning that Unified Remote Work is a Digital Ecosystem and about Thee Virtual Office and the ability to work remotely, was totally in alignment with her vision for the future,
- a collaboration of businesses wishing to scale collectively as opposed to alone
- each business adding value by contributing to the digital ecosystem market with their services and products
- a digital space to connect, collaborate and coordinate efforts effectively
As the story goes...
This NEW digital community is growing with refreshing thoughts, a dynamic culture, behaviours and open communication.
We offer the tools, technologies, guidance, training and resources for business and excel at creating effective workflows and making great usage of Artificial Intelligence, Applied Machine Learning and Smart/Robotic Process Automation to take tasks and activities that need to be done to an achieved business outcome.
It's almost like it's on "repeat mode" almost like an algorithm.